Monday, August 12, 2013

WISE WOMEN ON TWITTER  A TRIBUTE


Twitter is a happy medium to connect to distant people. Not always people in your “friends” list have same opinions as you have. But pleasure is derived when we take our opinions into nearest consonance with theirs or try to convince the others about our point of view. If both are not possible, I take a route of thanking the friend with a difference of opinion and say “Good Morning” each day. I found no one was above reason and those who differed with me responded cordially and still we continue to discuss issue from differing perspectives and learn new issues, without changing our stand. It is a great experience in three months and seven days with 25000 tweets and 784 followers.

I follow many 'good hearts' on twitter and they follow me. Till now, I never unfollowed any. Among these many are women, I always wonder how these women adjust their daily chores and still spend a lot of time on twitter. That is why she is called “woman”. A few skeptics say she is “woe of man” (very few). But if I meet a man with a loving woman in his life, I say, “WOW, Man, you have a woman to support you!” Swamy Vivekakananda said “West sees a wife in woman and India sees a mother”. “Child is the father of man” was an old sayiing. I say “woman is the mother of man”. For, a child looks to a mother for support, so too while ageing, a man too looks to a woman to serve him as a mother. She really cares.

If we come to Twitter, there are women there. There are social service activists, there are poetesses, there are politicians, political activists, religious teachers, preachers, management experts and real mothers too. I have in my kitty of twitter friends, a mix of all these. They belong to all religions, each preaching their faith without hurting others.

Among my early followers (I will not name them, in view of their sensitivities) were two women one a poetess and the other a working woman/housewife. This was three months back. And later, the one who tweets from our scriptures. They, in fact taught me how to use twitter. I am ever grateful to them. As time passed I started following few more and they reciprocated or vice versa. A poetess sends me a good quote each day. A religious mother sends me beautiful pictures to greet me early in the morning, sending me into religious or poetic mode. And there is one that seeks my blessings and a young girl that writes beautiful tweets. A political activist, I added to my friends' list recently. She has thousands of followers. I follow tweets of a “spokesperson' of a party that I despise, but I appreciate her tenacity in facing all the abuses here. So too, there are some from the party I wish, will rule the nation till my last breath. They too face lots of flak and abuse but keep their cool. It is not easy. Especially for women that face lots of challenges in real life too. I have friends on twitter from America who preach good things about religion. The first follower on my twitter was an author of many books, a woman. Now there are two good women authors I follow, both from America. There is one from Canada who regularly tweets to me some very good quotes and when she proudly shared a birthday photo with her son, I felt elated. She is a mother too, the wonderful gift of God to the universe. And the one from Australia who strives to keep fit and advises me too to keep fit. The profiles of all these women read "A who is who" on Linked In.

It is not about me but about the women on twitter. The one that adds a “smile” to her name. She keeps smiling and keeps you so. When she tweets “ "#Cancer never get mad for no reason. It may be over something small or stupid, but there's always a reason.", it shows her confidence. When the other says “Even A Small Dot Can Stop A Big Sentence, But Few More Dots Can Give Continuity. Amazing but True.!” it shows her positive view of life. One of my first two twitter friends sends a lot of mouth watering recipes, but her recipes to solve the problems of the nation too are quite appealing.

on the subject of pickles ..do try Shalgam pickle . North Indian . Superb with aloo parathas “, she tweets. In the same breath she tweets “ Poonawala brings up Hitler ! Wants Modi to spell out his defence and foreign policy in a speech !” The two contrasting subjects.

A woman Corporator from Gujarat has lots of good tweets to her credit on lots of issues. She shows tremendous temerity in dealing with her political opponents. Kudos to her. Recently, I started following a woman activist of a party, who I came to know, is a house wife with children to look after. She has thousands of followers. I am one. And, I am following one from Bangalore, a political activist too. She reciprocated. It is amazing how the Social Media brought out the real “woman” in the “woman” Who said, “woman is weak?” Swamy Vivenkananda said, “The first manifestation of God is the hand that rocks the cradle” So if woman is weak, take it that our God is weak. He also said,”The best thermometer for the progress of a nation is its treatment of women” If we adore her, we progress. If we abuse her, we are doomed. We can express our opinions, not abuse, more so the women.
Someone wrote in days of yore “karyeshu Daasi...” , if translated four of the qualities look like

Duty bound she is scrupulous,
Cohabiting she is sensuous,
Counselling you she is solicitous,
Like your mother she so nourishes,
So great a woman your spouse is!

If he were born today, he would have added “Politically she is proactive, religiously she is tolerant and socially she is courteous”. Bad luck was, there was no Social Media then with special women leading from the front.

A word is like a sharp knife. It can be used to cut a fruit to subdue one's appetite or to cut a throat to subdue one's ego. Keeping our egos aside let us all strive to subdue our appetite for more knowledge and wisdom from the “Wise Women on Twitter”. They are the real Goddesses!

There has been a woman in my life too since the past thirty six years. She made a small world thirty six years back. In that she drew a picture, that of mine. Though she drew three more small pictures later (children) and more (Grandchildren) through them, she kept them in the background in the picture frame. She follows me, followed me and will follow me. She is the one that never unfollows me whatever I say or do. I am a bit cranky, true to say! In fact, she precedes me in all my Internet Ids too, as in real life. You all know her by now Even while I tweet she sits by my side. So it is a duty added to me to read out sweet tweets that my friends send. She is not on Twitter. As on all other issues, she says "You are there!". I pray God I stay a second more than her in this world so she does not feel my loss. That is "Woman Power".

                                  @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Note: This “Blog” was inspired by one learned friend who sent a link to a TOI news item about two very proactive women on twitter and asked “why cant you blog too?'” After reading what they said about their experiences, I thought I too could share my feelings towards the great women on Twitter. I treat all these women including the young, middle aged or teenagers as “mothers” befriended to bless me for a better after life too!

Disclaimer: This “blog” was intended for real women on Twitter. If any one is using a fake handle for fun, he may take this for his “fun” only”. I am confident I do not have any such “fake” Ids as I can sense the tweets when I read them.


24 comments:

  1. can i give you a big hug ,that's all
    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did not hurt any one , no?
    ReplyDelete
  3. To blog about women, can a man too comment? yes he can. Rao jee has show his gratitude towards ladies that shows not only his inner thoughts but it also shows he has received a lit of love & affection from his lady who is his Boss. :-) I knew that he will publish this blog when I go to sleep. So I said Good Night but waited in bush so that when he publishes it, I may read. Lol

    Lovely blod as usual. Good Luck.
    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my good friend! you always encouraged my thoughts! My boss is yet to read it! Have to see her reaction.
      Delete
  4. Wonder what tweeter would have been if these ladies were not there They add so much to the tweeting experience Heartfelt appreciation for their contribution to twitter. And appreciation to the author for expressing the feelings of so many of us.
    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sir! Quite encouraging words.
      Delete
  5. Nicely written fact of women's Natural Power !!
    ReplyDelete
  6. Think you have not written this blog with your hand. The blog in itself looked like another beautiful picture.. Looks like drawn with your heart..

    Such beautiful blogs are contagious.. Bless me to attempt one in future..
    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jee! Please write. Please send direct link to me. Or else I may miss. Looking forward. One of the best compliments, I received.
    ReplyDelete
  8. ".The true worth of a race must be measured by the character of its womanhood." & I salute you SIR for sweet n perfect understnanding n a true powerful vision & awesum perspective towards WOMANHOOD........A BIG HUG N WITH MUCH REGARDS..............<3
    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am humbled. My daughters would have done that. But they away in other countries. But they will mail. Thanx once again.
      Delete
  9. Nice one Guruvu garu ! you havn't just said about Women on Twitter,I find,what is Women to me,to you and to the society.............vamshi_ind
    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! The most valuable asset given by God! Depends on us how we treat them.
    ReplyDelete
  11. Good writing Chandramohan ji. Interesting topic. Hope there is a follow up on men too. :-)
    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Asked a friend to write on generation gap, Jee! Will help. will come soon.
      Delete
  12. A first person recount. Sincere & authentic.
    ReplyDelete

24 comments:

  1. can i give you a big hug ,that's all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did not hurt any one , no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nicely written :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To blog about women, can a man too comment? yes he can. Rao jee has show his gratitude towards ladies that shows not only his inner thoughts but it also shows he has received a lit of love & affection from his lady who is his Boss. :-) I knew that he will publish this blog when I go to sleep. So I said Good Night but waited in bush so that when he publishes it, I may read. Lol

    Lovely blod as usual. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my good friend! you always encouraged my thoughts! My boss is yet to read it! Have to see her reaction.

      Delete
  5. Wonder what tweeter would have been if these ladies were not there They add so much to the tweeting experience Heartfelt appreciation for their contribution to twitter. And appreciation to the author for expressing the feelings of so many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely written fact of women's Natural Power !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think you have not written this blog with your hand. The blog in itself looked like another beautiful picture.. Looks like drawn with your heart..

    Such beautiful blogs are contagious.. Bless me to attempt one in future..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jee! Please write. Please send direct link to me. Or else I may miss. Looking forward. One of the best compliments, I received.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ".The true worth of a race must be measured by the character of its womanhood." & I salute you SIR for sweet n perfect understnanding n a true powerful vision & awesum perspective towards WOMANHOOD........A BIG HUG N WITH MUCH REGARDS..............<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I am humbled. My daughters would have done that. But they away in other countries. But they will mail. Thanx once again.

      Delete
  10. Nice one Guruvu garu ! you havn't just said about Women on Twitter,I find,what is Women to me,to you and to the society.............vamshi_ind

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! The most valuable asset given by God! Depends on us how we treat them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good writing Chandramohan ji. Interesting topic. Hope there is a follow up on men too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Asked a friend to write on generation gap, Jee! Will help. will come soon.

      Delete
  13. A first person recount. Sincere & authentic.

    ReplyDelete